Improve communication and provide for the health and safety of employees and visitors.
CSE Zycomm is a market leader in two-way radio systems with considerable experience in two-way radio for retail applications, including shop safe systems.
In our experience two-way radios in the retail sector have three main groups of users:
- Large retail and leisure destinations using two-way radio systems to co-ordinate security, cleaning, parking etc.
- Shop watch schemes providing communication between a number of retailers for security purposes
- Individual retailers using two-way radios for communication between staff e.g. shop floor and stock room staff.
Two-way radio systems for retail destinations
CSE Zycomm Alarm Location Monitoring system (CALM) can provide communications for the security, management, car park, cleaning and maintenance teams, enabling them all to work together effectively.
For the security team dealing with every day incidents, and providing for security scenarios that will hopefully never occur at a busy retail destination, necessitates a robust two-way radio system.
Increasingly there is also a health and safety requirement for a two-way radio system to ensure that appropriate action is taken quickly when spillages etc. occur and to record evidence as a contingency against ‘slip and trip’ personal injury claims.
Second-generation digital radios provide excellent coverage and sound quality, and offer a number of functions which which make them particularly suitable for this type of application:
- Work with a system to automatically record and store transmissions, which provides records for accountability
- GPS function can track the location of each radio user in real time, which is a benefit for staff monitoring and for health and safety. If a user hits the emergency button on a radio a screen alerts the control room supervisor instantly to who needs assistance, which enables help to be despatched immediately
- For lone workers alert intervals can be set and reset for each user by controllers according to the nature and location of the work being carried out and the time of day. If workers fail to acknowledge the alert to confirm that they are not in trouble the system shows a flashing message or alarm which prompts a call or follow-up action from the control room
- One-to-one calling and text messaging for discreet communication between managers.
CSE Zycomm Alarm Location Monitoring (CALM) systems are bespoke to each client. Each is built to incorporate the latest technology to meet the client’s requirements. Specifying a system starts with a free of charge evaluation of your existing system and/or a discussion of your requirement.
If you are looking for a new system or a system upgrade or want information or advice about two-way radio systems call 01773 570 123.
Shop watch schemes
Shop watch schemes offer local businesses (retailers, licensed premises etc.) the opportunity to subscribe to a shared two-way radio system, enabling them to communicate with a central control system and other subscribers, sharing information about suspicious or threatening behaviour and requesting help if needed.
To discuss implementing a shop watch scheme call 01773 570 123.
Two-way radios for retailers
If you are sourcing radios to use in a shop for the first time or to adding to an existing radio fleet we can help.
We offer two-way radios and equipment from the world’s leading suppliers to customers throughout the UK, and have the knowledge and experience to advise on the products most suitable for your requirements. radios are available for short-term rental, for long term hire under our managed service or to buy.
For advice or to get a quotation please call 01773 570 123.